Early Childhood Educator Job in North York, Ontario
POSITION AVAILABLE: Registered Early Childhood Educator (proof of diploma and college registration required)
TERMS: Must be able to work between the hours of 7:30 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Working shifts may include split shifts which will vary based on staffing needs and the program demands.
The Centre is a non-profit child care located in a Toronto Public School. We have been operating in the Downsview neighbourhood for thirty-four years. We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible and professional RECE to add to our staff team. The program serves children from 18 months to 12 years of age.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AS CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PRIOR TO HIRE:
• Must have proof of Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE);
• Must have a valid Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR certification (WSIB approved);
• Current Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check and up-to-date Immunizations requirements set out in the CCEYA prior to employment;
- Must provide proof of vaccination;
-COVID-19 screening in person each morning, highly recommended that all employees wear a mask.
• Experience planning and implementing an inclusive play-based learning environment supporting emergent curriculum in a variety of age groups (Toddlers to School-age);
• Knowledge of the CCEYA, How Does Learning Happen? and ELECT;
• Ability to work with families in complex situations and from a variety of cultural, and differing family values and beliefs; Experience in working with children diverse abilities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills- able to communicate positively and effectively with children, parents, staff, and management (both verbal and written), computer literacy skills are an asset;
• Certified Food Handler Certificate is an asset
• Knowledge of City of Toronto Children's Services Quality Assurance requirements and Ministry of Education (CCEYA) and Toronto Public Health legislation requirements and standards.
• Works as well independently as in a team situation, requiring minimal supervision.
• Able to take the initiative in daily duties and delegated tasks.
Summary of the Position: As a successful candidate, you are a nurturing, positive, creative and responsible team-player who is able to:
• Plan and implement a program plan based on 'How Does Learning Happen?', build on the four foundations for healthy growth and development.
• Incorporate the Early Learning for Every Child Today (Elect) principles,
• Ensures the philosophy, program statement and policies of the centre are followed and implemented.
• Communicates effectively with parents on a daily basis and establishes a positive professional relationship
• Maintain a positive, co-operative environment with the teachers, the Executive Director, Board of Directors, parents, children and School personnel.
• Meeting the expectations in the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
• Attend meetings and professional development as required.
• Ability to bend/ carry/lift children on a daily basis.
Note: Employees must provide a clear health, and police check and proof of being fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Salary to be discussed at the time of interview (depending on qualifications, experience and professional development) The child care is an equal opportunity employer. We are a fully integrated, community-based, non-profit, childcare centre.
If interested you are invited to submit a resume and a covering letter to: Hiring Committee.
All candidates invited for an interview will be required to provide a minimum of 2 references (name and contact number) from current and/or recent supervisors/managers who were directly responsible to oversee the candidate in their role.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Many thanks to all who apply; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted