JINGBAO™ Bilingual Children’s Centre is a Ministry-licensed childcare centre that delivers a unique early-years Mandarin language program, including math, science and arts. JINGBAOTM operates in a Mandarin-English dual-language environment, and serves children 18 months old to 5.5 years old.
Position: RECE Montessori Teacher
Location: Downtown (1 Full Time, Permanent), Scarborough (1 Full Time, Permanent)
Start Date: Downtown (July.2021), Scarborough (August.2021)
We are looking for a dynamic, caring and self-motivated RECE/Montessori certified early childhood educator, who is seeking a challenging position in a warm and professional environment. This ideal candidate has to be fluent in both English and Mandarin.
The job responsibility includes but is not limited to the following:
• Plan and implement Montessori curriculum to children
• Develop and implement with your “team” individual and group curriculums for pre-school children
• Engage meaningfully with children to support their physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
• Maintain, clean and organize an inspirational learning environment
• Plan and implement age-appropriate, child-centered activities for children, such as media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
• Model positive adult/child relationships
• Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
• Ensure an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
• Promote a welcoming environment for all families and community members
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
• Hold an early childhood Montessori diploma/certificate from a MACTE/AMI accredited institute
• Have at least one-year working experience in a licensed childcare center and/or Montessori learning environment
• Registered by a provincial or territorial association for ECE is definitely a plus
• Language Skills: Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Possess excellent behaviour management skills, including problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies.
• Be innovative and creative, and have strong programming skills.
• Working knowledge of Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen pedagogy
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
• Show warmth and sincerity when working with children.
• Hold a valid standard First Aid/CPR certificate
• A clear Health and Police Reference Check is mandatory prior to employment
• Please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
, and include the position in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
• We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.