Westside Montessori School in downtown Toronto at both our Kensington Market and Dufferin Grove locations, is looking to hire a kind, patient and dedicated ECE Toddler Assistant. Our vision is to follow the whole child and to nurture their love of learning. Our team of educators is dedicated, compassionate, intuitive, loving and nurturing.
● be certified ECE and in good standing with CECE
● be eager to be part of a supportive team
● have deep respect for children and their development
● have a clear police reference check
● be confident and effective communicators
● be flexible and have a sense of humour
● either have an understanding of Montessori and/or the desire to learn more
● understand the importance of nature and time spent outdoors
● be prepared to spend time outside for recess in all kinds of weather
● either have or be prepared to take CPR/First Aid
● Montessori Experience is an asset
You should radiate:
- enthusiasm and positive energy
- the ability to balance quality and professionalism with authenticity and fun
Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Ensure health and safety of children at all times
- Supporting toddlers (~18 months-3 years) to dress, eat, toilet, sleep; all independently
- Clean & prepare classroom each day
- Support aftercare
- Support colleagues with end of day closing and cleaning duties.
Staff currently have the option of wearing masks both on the playground and inside the school. Staff must complete a daily health screening each morning as well as follow all Health and Safety guidelines provided by Toronto Public Health.
Email your application package to [email protected]
with the subject title heading ‘WMS ECE Toddler Assistant --...’. Salary range is $35-40K, based on experience and education. We will contact all applicants that we have chosen to interview. Thank you.