Great Teaching Job With Excellent Pension and Benefits!
Everyone encouraged to apply.
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society (“IMFCSS”) provides a variety of support programs to Métis, First Nations and Inuit children and their families living in the greater Victoria area. Island Métis Child Care is Victoria"s First Urban Aboriginal Head Start Program. Our programs incorporate culturally relevant, Métis-programming that includes Elders, Culture Keepers and community members with 41 soon to be Licensed child care spaces. Currently, IMFCSS accepting employment applications for the following position.
Early Childhood Educator/ITE/ECEA
(Full Time, Permanent)
.Cultural Training provided.
• Valid ECE BC license to practice.
• Valid Childcare First Aid Certificate (and CPR).
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse families and population including: Elders, Métis community
members and agencies, with a client/family-centered approach.
• Clear criminal record check.
• Three written current references.
• Up to date immunization
• Strong team player.
• Six months experience working with children in a group care setting.
• Knowledge and understanding of developmentally appropriate practices and child growth and development.
• Experience planning programs, implementation and evaluation through pedagogical narration.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Métis and other Indigenous Cultural Practices and traditions an asset.
• Union membership (required).
• Competitive extended healthcare benefits package.
• Vacation pay/sick days.
• Paid Professional Development
• Closed all statutory holidays.
• Accessible location.
• New, beautiful, natural centre.
. Earn hours for license renewal while at work on. Our centre closes for in centre professional development.
• Office of Island Métis, located at 345 Wale Road, Victoria on an interim basis until Child Care Center open, located at 1581 Church Avenue, Victoria.
Located in Gordon Head.
A complete Job Description can be provided upon request.
Schedule of work is 35 hours per week, performed Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:45 AM to 5:15 PM. Schedule to be set in collaboration with the Child Care Manager and based on program need. Hourly rate based on JJEP Wage Grid, pending JJEP classification.
In accordance with Section 41 of the Human Rights Act, preference may be given to persons of Métis ancestry. This position is open to male, female and gender diverse applicants.
All ECE's encouraged to apply.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly outlining how they meet all of the above qualifications for this position to:
Childcare Manager, Kari-Anne Barr
Island Métis Family & Community Services Society
345 Wale Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6X2
email: [email protected]
This posting is open until the positions are filled.