Early Childhood Educator Job in Victoria, British Columbia
Willowbrae Academy - Victoria is looking for PASSIONATE, PROFESSIONAL & ENERGETIC EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS to join our new Academy.
In this role, you will provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting. Each day, you will help children to learn and grow by implementing a daily balance of active/ quiet, indoor/ outdoor, free structured, individual and group activities that will encourage physical, social, intellectual, emotional and sensory development at the appropriate level for each child.
• A clear criminal reference check
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• 3 professional references
• A positive, fun-loving attitude
• Ability to work in a team and self-motivated
• ECE Certificate
• Plans and implements enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy; • Guide, demonstrate, and encourage children's activities throughout the day.
• Takes a leadership role in the classroom and provides excellent supervision and interaction with children at all times. Strong sense of responsibility and dependability.
• Observes children in their surroundings and assesses individual and group needs;
• Promotes open communication and works cooperatively and effectively as a team member, with families and the Academy's management.
•Judgement and initiative in the early identification of program deficiencies.
WHY WORK FOR WILLOWBRAE?
• Willowbrae is a fast-growing nationwide company expanding rapidly in BC, Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba and Nova Scotia.
• Room for advancement and transfers to other Academies or provinces.
• Comprehensive dental & health benefits package.
• Competitive wage packages.
• State of the art facilities equipped with the exclusive Braeview technology.
• All Academies have a professional cleaning crew that does not include you.
• All meals are prepared in our centre's kitchen facilities.
• Join a collaborative supportive environment. Logo wear credits and regular staff outings.
• The opportunity to create and shape the future of this new Victoria Academy.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: ECE Certificate
Wage: $18-$19 Benefits after 3 months
Required experience: one year in preschool classroom
Required Certificates: ECE Certificate, First Aid and CPR, Clear Criminal Record Check