Early Childhood Educator Job in Toronto, Ontario
CFEL is currently seeking an Early Childcare Assistant (ECA) to support in their Infant room at our Palisades location (at Jane and Finch). This is a permanent full-time position that averages 7.5 hours per day.
CFEL Palisades is located at: 15 San Romanoway (Jane and Finch) in North York.
CFEL offers a well-rounded compensation package:
• Competitive Pay, plus PWE
• Health Benefits (medical and dental)
• Wellness and Vacation days
• Focused Training and Development – CFEL focuses on creating a fun and creative environment to inspire our educators to grow and excel. We go above and beyond the average child care centre! A few examples include: our annual in-house Learning conference – paid time, advancement opportunities with on the job training)
• Staff Recognition and Culture – We love our employees and make sure to take time to let them know we value and appreciate their efforts and initiative. We offer Wellness Activities, Smile Appreciation Day (in house employee appreciation), Child Care Worker Appreciation Day, and Employment Anniversary Celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement program planning and daily activities
• Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities
• Perform observations, transitions and daily documentation
• Lead small and large groups of children
• Communicate regularly with parents regarding development of children
• Conduct school walk escorts through inclement weather conditions
• Report any issues or concerns that may arise in accordance with proper procedures
• Incorporate the 4 foundations of learning – Belonging, Well-being, Engagement, Expression – into daily programming to ensure optimal learning and healthy development of the children
What You Bring to the Role:
• An Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma; registered or in the process of registering with the CECE
• Experience with AQI, ELECT, How Does Learning Happen, and CCEYA
• Confident and flexible in working with all age groups (Infants to School Age)
• Minimum of 2 years caring for children within a child care centre
• Minimum of 2 years working with children with special needs and behavioural needs
• Flexible availability from Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
• Strong communication and leadership abilities and ability to work well in stressful environments
• Ability to manage children with challenging behaviours and communicate effectively with parents
• Ability to work well in a team environment and an openness to feedback
• A caring, nurturing, positive and energetic personality
Centres for Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment equity and the provision of fair and accessible employment practices under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for job applicants, where needed and upon request, to support their full participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. We encourage candidates requiring any support or accommodation to notify us at the time of application to ensure the provision of equal opportunities.