Early Childhood Educator Job in Toronto, Ontario
Blue Bell Academy is looking to hire a full-time Registered Early Childhood Educator who is energetic, creative, and dynamic. The position is for educators who are experienced working with Toddler and Preschool ages. Candidates must be registered with and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators, certified in Standard First Aid and CPR training, have a clear police reference check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the check is more than six months old, must be willing to obtain a new one) and all up to date Immunizations including TB. Working knowledge of ELECT and How Does Learning Happen are an asset.
Abilities must include: professional and best practice skills with colleagues, children, families and the community as well as strong programming skills. Candidates should possess the ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication and be able to work as part of a committed and dedicated team. Knowledge of City of Toronto Quality Assurance requirements and CCEYA, 2014 legislation are a benefit.
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Required education: Diploma/Certificate, Standard First Aid and CPR-C
As an ECE some of the responsibilities include:
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in accordance with Blue Bell Academy’s philosophy.
- Observe the children then execute individual program plans
- Ensure guidance of children’s behavior that encourages positive self concept
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe
- Ensure positive communication with parents
- Contribute to the on-going operations of Blue Bell Academy
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $--... per hour